Practice Number: 8635854
Health Professionals Council : PS 005 5379
She runs a full time practice in Randpark Ridge, Johannesburg.
Sharon assists individual clients - adults, adolescents and couples.
She facilitates relaxation/stress workshops, and creative self-expression workshops with specific themes.
“I believe that we all have enormous healing resources within us, but sometimes could do with some support to tap into and develop these resources. Especially when in crisis”. – Sharon
What we focus on in psychotherapy:
- She explores what your needs and priorities are.
- Then teaches you to understand and cope with current life challenges; at other times, to heal certain past wounds and experiences.
- Trains you to strengthen your inner resources.
- Helps you find perspective.
- Helps you get onto your “right” track.
- Trains you to prevent emotional and psychological wounds and confusions from happening in the future, where possible.
- Helps you learn to tolerate and endure, and to hold yourself together – when in difficult circumstances that do not have a quick ending in sight.
- Encourages you to find neutral but caring support for a period of time until you can find your feet again.
“I am not a believer in false promises or a quick fix.” - Sharon
About The Practice
She supports individuals and couples for both short and long term therapy.
She assists clients who struggle with general everyday stress, worry, frustration, feeling low, low grade depression, severe depression and post-natal depression, anxiety, panic attacks, feeling tired and depleted, those who may feel empty and hopeless at times, and those with lowered self-confidence and self-esteem.
She also works with general personal, relationships and work difficulties.
Assisting teens and young adults is a part of her practice.
“I find this time of life to be a challenging and very rich time, where there are a lot of changes happening, and a lot of different pressures.” - Sharon
She runs workshops and courses which include relaxation and where she focuses on different themes; some of these include exploring and playing with art materials as an alternative means of self-expression, (beyond words).
Sharon assists clients with both short term psychotherapy and long term psychotherapy.
Workshops and Courses
She runs the following workshops and groups:
- How to handle stress through relaxation techniques, breathing techniques and other approaches.
- Women empowerment.
- Creative self-expression and self-growth/awareness. These workshops include relaxation techniques, and playing/exploring with art materials as a form of non-verbal exploration and self-expression.
Business and Corporate
She has personal experience of the pressures and challenges of the corporate lifestyle and demands. This is essential in understanding the daily pressures and challenges that the majority of her clients experience.