Sharon Benatar Registered Clinical Psychologist
Practice Number: 8635 854
Health Professionals Council : PS 005 5379
Sharon Benatar is an experienced, registered Clinical Psychologist, running a full time private practice in Randpark Ridge, Johannesburg, for over 18 years, and has been working with people for over 30 years.
Sharon offers short, medium and long term therapy and support. She works with both individual clients and couples. This includes all adults, older adolescents and young adults (20’s to 30’s); women focused issues, businessmen / businesswomen, professionals; men’s challenges; the more mature adult. The “couple” work includes working with father/child and mother/child relationships.
WORKSHOPS: Sharon has facilitated general informative workshops as well as creative self-expression workshops (using non-verbal techniques, art materials, poetry, music, writing etc) with specific themes. Managing stress and relaxation is always included.
CORPORATE EXPERIENCE: Sharon has over 20 years in working in large and small corporates, and non govermental organisations (formal and informal), in Human Resources, training and development, management and exec committees, administration, sales and marketing, basic accounts, retail etc. She has personal experience of the pressures and challenges of the corporate lifestyle and demands. This is essential in understanding the daily pressures and challenges that the majority of people experience.
Sharon’s approach is caring and warm, confidential and respectful, professional and ethical.
“I believe that we all have enormous healing resources within us, but sometimes could do with some support to tap into and develop these resources. Especially when in crisis”.
“I am not a believer in false promises or a quick fix.”
What can be looked at in the sessions:
- Explore your needs, your issues and what it actually happening.
- Understand yourself, your current life challenges and those around you
- Start to “heal” and accept certain past emotional “wounds” and experiences.
- Strengthen your inner resources.
- Find more realistic and broader perspectives.
- Learn what is “my stuff” and what is “the other person’s stuff”. Then – what to do with this.
- Start to get back onto the “right” track.
- Learn to start to “let go” of old patterns and habits, and/or to manage them.
- Look at how to prevent emotional/psychological wounds and confusion from happening in the future, where possible.
- Deepen your tolerance and endurance, and hold yourself together – when in difficult circumstances that do not have a quick ending in sight.
- Experience neutral but caring support for a period of time, until you can find your feet again.
- Deepen compassion for yourself and compassion for others.
Please refer back to the HOME page to see specific areas that we can work together on .
“We need to be aware of the suffering,
but retain our clarity, calmness and strength
so we can help to transform the situation.”
Thich Nhat Hanh
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world.
“Today I am wise, so I am changing myself”.
Contact me to make an appointment, and lets see how I can assist you.